Social Media Day Chicago 2016
We’re thrilled to celebrate the annual Social Media Day in Chicago! We launched the event in 2011 as a way to recognize the digital revolution happening right before our eyes. We invite you to join fellow social media enthusiasts by attending Social Media Day Chicago on June 30.
When: Thursday June 30 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Where: Rockit Bar & Grill, 22 W Hubbard St
* Monica Eng - Reporter/Producer at WBEZ Chicago Public Media
Monica Eng is a food and health reporter for WBEZ, Chicago Public Media. Before coming to WBEZ, Eng worked for 16 years as a food and culture reporter for the Chicago Tribune where she was forced to get a Twitter account. Today she is happy she did so.
* Nycole Hampton is a leader in marketing strategy. She has been in the marketing space for over 11 years with a focus on social, digital and influencer marketing strategy. In 2015, Nycole’s Choose Chicago Instagram series #TakingOverChooseChicago featuring top influencers was a Shorty Award Best of Tourism finalist. She has been a featured speaker and panelist at Social Media Week, Social Media Masters Summit, Social Media Day Chicago, Lake FX Summit & Expo, and featured guest on WhyISocial Podcast and popular national hashtag chats #MillennnialTalk, #MediaChat, #ContentChat and #SproutChat. Connect with Nycole on Twitter and Instagram @msnycole and Snapchat Nycolehampton.
* Anthony Martorina, Cheferee of Culinary Fight Club
Anthony Martorina is the Cheferee of Culinary Fight Club in Chicago, a monthly cooking competition that raises money for the charity Fight2Feed & is a qualifying round for the World Food Championships. He recently judged the Chicago Tribune's first ever Mac n Cheese Food Court Battle as well as being a judge at the World Food Championships. Anthony Martorina is currently building his own brand as a social influencer. He has over 2000 online reviews of restaurants & hotels around the world along with over 10,000 photos of food. Anthony is currently a Yelp Elite, Google Local Guide & a Top Contributor for Trip Advisor including being a VIP guest host on Twitter chats. He loves sharing his food with the World.
* Philip Tadros, founder at Bow Truss, explains his innovation firm developed when he had a lease on a storefront and needed to put a business in it. He had always wanted to source, roast and prepare great coffees. When the opportunity presented itself, Philip curated an amazing team and the response was enormous. Since that time, the demand has been forcing Bow Truss to grow. At Bow Truss, our goal is to make specialty coffee more approachable without sacrificing quality. We bring fantastic single origins, naturals, and delicious direct trade coffee to our customers through partnerships and collaborations around the world. Philip says, “It takes a tremendous amount of time and energy. That mixed with extreme ups, downs and unknowns. You make up your own world, and wrestle and shape your outcomes based on personal drive and your team. I'm always risking everything for my business.” Today, Bow Truss has been in business for three years and is privately held. Our team is very motivated and in love with the company's culture. Our employees are committed to quality and ensuring specialty coffee stays inviting.
In addition to Bow Truss Coffee Roasters, Philip also owns and operates Doejo, Aquanaut Brewing Company, Budlong and Apotheca Foods.
* Colleen Dunn is the Social Media Manager of Rockit Ranch Productions, an Emmy Award Winning Restaurant and Nightclub Development and Management company. She has been with the company for five years and no two days have been the same. Although her job makes her constantly hungry from all the food photos, she enjoys what she does and loves interacting with all the guests. Connect with Colleen on Twitter and Instagram @Codunn!
For this event you must register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/social-media-day-chicago-2016-tickets-25511810512
For more information or questions about Social Media Day Chicago 2015 contact: Todor Krecu - ChicagoSocialMediaMarketing(@)gmail.com
Twitter hashtag is #SMDChicago and tag @Rockit
Must be 21 or older to attend